Understanding Axis Bank Credit Card: Benefits, Types, and Eligibility
Are you in the market for a new credit card? If so, you may want to consider an Axis Bank credit card. As one of India’s leading private sector banks, Axis Bank offers a variety of credit cards to suit different needs and preferences. In this article, we will explore the benefits, types, eligibility criteria, and other key details of Axis Bank credit cards to help you make an informed decision.
Benefits of Axis Bank Credit Cards
Axis Bank credit cards come with a range of benefits, such as:
Cashback and Rewards
Many Axis Bank credit cards offer cashback and rewards points for every purchase you make, which you can redeem for discounts, vouchers, or merchandise. Some cards also offer accelerated rewards on specific categories such as dining, travel, or fuel.
Discounts and Offers
Axis Bank credit cards provide exclusive discounts and offers on various products and services such as shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel. You can save money on movie tickets, hotel bookings, online shopping, and more.
EMV Chip Security
All Axis Bank credit cards are equipped with an EMV chip that provides enhanced security against fraud and skimming. The chip generates a unique code for each transaction, making it difficult for anyone to misuse your card details.
Most Axis Bank credit cards support contactless payments through NFC technology. You can simply wave your card near the terminal to make payments up to a certain limit without entering a PIN.
Axis Bank credit cards are accepted worldwide, allowing you to use them for international travel or online purchases in foreign currency. Some cards also offer special forex rates and no foreign transaction fees.
Types of Axis Bank Credit Cards
Axis Bank offers a wide range of credit cards to cater to different lifestyles and preferences. Here are some of the popular types of Axis Bank credit cards:
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
This card is designed for frequent shoppers and offers accelerated rewards on shopping, dining, and entertainment. It also provides welcome gifts, milestone rewards, and fuel surcharge waivers.
Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card
This premium card offers a host of benefits such as lounge access, golf privileges, concierge services, and travel insurance. It also provides rewards on every spend and welcome bonuses.
Axis Bank Freecharge Credit Card
This co-branded card offers cashback and rewards on Freecharge transactions, as well as discounts on movie tickets, food delivery, and other services. It also comes with EMV chip security and contactless payments.
Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card
This co-branded card offers rewards and discounts on Flipkart purchases, as well as cashback on other categories such as dining, fuel, and travel. It also provides welcome bonuses and fuel surcharge waivers.
Axis Bank Vistara Credit Card
This co-branded card offers complimentary flight tickets, lounge access, and priority check-in for Vistara airlines. It also provides accelerated rewards on Vistara spends and other categories, as well as travel insurance and fuel surcharge waivers.
Eligibility Criteria for Axis Bank Credit Cards
To apply for an Axis Bank credit card, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria, such as:
You must be at least 18 years old and not more than 70 years old.
You must have a regular source of income, such as salary, business, or self-employment. The minimum income requirement varies based on the card type and your location.
You should have a good credit score, preferably above 750, to increase your chances of approval. A higher score also helps you get better credit limits and interest rates.
You need to submit various documents such as identity proof
How to Apply for an Axis Bank Credit Card
You can apply for an Axis Bank credit card online or offline, depending on your preference. Here are the steps to apply online:
- Visit the official website of Axis Bank or the credit card section.
- Choose the card you want to apply for and check the eligibility criteria.
- Fill in the application form with your personal, employment, and income details.
- Upload the required documents such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, and salary slips.
- Submit the application and wait for the bank’s approval.
Alternatively, you can also apply for an Axis Bank credit card offline by visiting a nearby branch and submitting the application in person. You may need to carry the required documents and identity proof for verification.
Fees and Charges of Axis Bank Credit Cards
Axis Bank credit cards come with various fees and charges, which you should be aware of before applying for a card. Some of the common charges include:
- Annual fee: 250/-This is the fee charged annually for holding the card, which varies based on the card type and your usage. Some cards offer waiver of annual fees based on your spends or membership status.
- Joining fee: 250/- This is the fee charged when you apply for a new card, which is a one-time payment. Some cards offer a waiver of joining fees based on your spends or membership status.
- Interest rate: This is the rate at which the bank charges interest on your outstanding balance, which is typically higher than other forms of credit such as personal loans or home loans.
- Late payment fee: This is the fee charged when you miss the due date for paying your credit card bill, which can range from Rs. 300 to Rs. 700 depending on your outstanding balance.
- Cash withdrawal fee: This is the fee charged when you withdraw cash using your credit card from an ATM, which is typically around 2.5% of the transaction amount.
✔️ Higher purchase limits
✔️ Enjoy exciting rewards and cashback benefits
✔️ Complementary flight tickets
✔️ Discounts on movie tickets
✔️ Waiver of fuel surcharges
✔️ Access to airport lounges
✔️ Discounted deals on hotel bookings and restaurant orders
✔️ All the above features and benefits vary from card to card and depend on card variant.
In conclusion, Axis Bank credit cards offer a range of benefits, types, and eligibility criteria to suit different needs and preferences. Whether you are a frequent shopper, traveler, or dining enthusiast, there is a card for you. Before applying for a card, make sure you check the fees and charges, eligibility criteria, and rewards offered by the bank. With careful planning and responsible usage, an Axis Bank credit card can be a valuable financial tool to meet your lifestyle goals.
1. Can I use my Axis Bank credit card internationally?
Yes, Axis Bank credit cards are accepted worldwide and can be used for international travel or online purchases in foreign currency. Some cards also offer special forex rates and no foreign transaction fees.
2. What is the minimum income requirement for an Axis Bank credit card?
The minimum income requirement varies based on the card type and your location. You can check the eligibility criteria for each card on the bank’s website or customer care.
3. How do I check my Axis Bank credit card balance and statement?
You can check your Axis Bank credit card balance and statement online through the bank’s website or mobile app, or by calling the customer care number. You can also receive monthly statements on your registered email ID or postal address.
4. What should I do if my Axis Bank credit card is lost or stolen?
If your Axis Bank credit card is lost or stolen, you should immediately inform the bank’s customer care and block the card to prevent any unauthorized transactions. You can also request for a replacement card or file a dispute if there are any fraudulent charges.
5. Can I convert my Axis Bank credit card purchases into EMI?
Yes, you can convert your Axis Bank credit card purchases into EMI by contacting the bank’s customer care or using the